The ultimate itinerary for every AHS fan.
When it comes to ~spooky season~, American Horror Story is always a staple on my watch list year after year.
If you love the anthology series as much as I do, having the chance to visit one of the filming locations is likely on your travel bucket list.
From the Murder House to Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies, I’ve rounded up a list of the most iconic AHS spots you can visit across the US.
So, are you ready to plan the ultimate AHS-themed trip?! Let’s get started:
1. Take a ghostly selfie at the Rosenheim Mansion in Los Angeles, California:
2. Visit the Briarcliff Asylum at the Old Orange County Courthouse in Santa Ana, California:
3. Watch a movie screening at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles, California:
4. Celebrate all things witchy with a stroll by the Buckner Mansion (aka Miss Robichaux’s Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies) in New Orleans, Louisiana:
5. Walk by the Gallier House in New Orleans, Louisiana. Two different places were actually used for Madame LaLaurie’s mansion in Season 3, and AHS fans will recognize this as the exterior filming location for the notorious home:
6. Take a historic tour of the Hermann-Grima House in New Orleans, Louisiana. The home’s lavish interiors were used for Madame LaLaurie’s mansion as well:
7. Explore the luxurious grounds of the Mott Manor at Longue Vue House and Gardens in New Orleans, Louisiana:
8. Head to the Treme to see Maison Vitry (aka Marie Laveau’s Cornrow City Salon) in New Orleans, Louisiana:
9. Check in for the night at the art-deco Hotel Cortez at the James Oviatt Building in Los Angeles, California:
10. Join Fräulein Elsa’s Cabinet of Curiosities in Jupiter, Florida. While Season 4 was said to take place in Florida, the real-life set was in Westwego, Louisiana:
11. Grab a bite at the Mews Restaurant and Cafe (aka The Muse) in Provincetown, Massachusetts:
Which AHS filming locations would you want to visit most? Let us know in the comments!
Sign Up For The Bring Me! Newsletter!
The latest travel tips, off-the-beaten-path experiences, and inspiration delivered to your inbox.