I was today years old when I learned that Topanga had an older sister on Boy Meets World.
1. Sabrina the Teenage Witch started when Sabrina turned 16, yet there are four seasons of her in high school, with each season having a Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day episode implying that another year had passed. She doesn’t start college until Season 5, which would mean she was in high school as a 20-year-old.
2. In the Gossip Girl pilot episode, Chuck said something about taking his mom’s pills, but later in the show it’s revealed that she died during childbirth.
3. In The Office, Pam’s mom visited during the early seasons before Pam and Jim were together. However, later in the series, Pam’s mom was played by a different actor.
4. In Season 1, Episode 6 of The Good Place, there was a scene where Janet was visibly being handed a stack of papers by a crew member.
5. Topanga had a sister named Nebula in Season 1 of Boy Meets World, but she was never mentioned again, and later on Topanga was referred to as an only child.
6. In the Season 1 finale of Veronica Mars, there was a fire scene where two crew members were visible in the background shot of Keith.
7. After six seasons, That ’70s Show recasted the role of Laurie Foreman.
8. When Brittany and Santana were talking by the lockers in Season 2, Episode 22 of Glee, Brittany’s bangs would constantly switch from being clipped back to flowing loose.
9. In Friends, when Monica was picking out her wedding dress, she tried on one dress, and then when she found it again on the rack, it was clearly a completely different dress.
10. Carrie had a sister named Sara in the early episodes of The King of Queens. She disappeared sometime in the first season and was never mentioned again.
11. In Season 4 of Glee, Joe and Sugar were inexplicably no longer members of glee club. They come back in the Season 4 finale to perform with them at Regionals, but then they are gone again in Season 5.
12. When Veronica is a high school senior in Riverdale, she gets accepted to Harvard’s class of 2024, meaning she was part of the high school class of 2020. However, in Season 5, there is a seven-year time jump where she claims it was now 2021.
13. Blair Waldorf’s mom in Gossip Girl was played by a completely different actor in the pilot than in the rest of the series.
14. Jessie had a stepbrother, Eric, on Saved by the Bell, who disappeared after a two-part episode called “Wicked Stepbrother.”
15. Noah Centineo replaced Jake T. Austin as Jesus in the third season of The Fosters.
16. In Season 4 of Saved by the Bell, Jessie and Kelly were missing without explanation for half the season. During those episodes, a new character named Tori befriended the other characters and dated Zack. In the graduation episode, Jessie and Kelly returned, but Tori was gone.
17. Carol was played by a different actor after her first appearance on Friends.
18. Detective Daniels from Brooklyn Nine-Nine was introduced in the pilot along with Hitchcock and Scully but was never seen again.
19. Jessica DiLaurentis, Alison’s mom on Pretty Little Liars, was played by a different actor after the pilot episode.
20. Jason DiLaurentis, Alison’s brother on Pretty Little Liars, was also played by a different actor after Season 1.
21. And in Season 3 of Riverdale, FP celebrates his 50th birthday. This season took place at some point in the 2010s. But based on a flashback episode earlier that season, he was a high school junior in the early ’90s. So basically, it was impossible for him to be 50 during any point of the 2010s.
What are some other mistakes and inconsistencies you’ve caught on TV shows? Let us know in the comments!
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.