I still don’t know who Chuck’s mom is.
Look, I get it. TV shows have got a lot of plotlines they’re trying to weave together. But does anyone else get super frustrated when shows literally just forget about major plots and characters?
Here are 21 storylines and characters TV shows just dropped like they never even existed:
1. Blair’s miscarriage on Gossip Girl:
2. Just the entire existence of Xander’s best friend Jesse on Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
3. When Haddie came out on Parenthood:
4. When it was revealed that Libby had been in the psych ward with Hurley on Lost:
5. Adrianna’s relationship with Gia and her sexuality on 90210:
6. Also, when Annie killed a guy on 90210:
7. When El met her “sister” and the other experiments on Stranger Things:
8. When Gendry rowed away on a boat and was forgotten for like five seasons on Game of Thrones:
9. The identity of Chuck’s mom on Gossip Girl:
10. Just the fact that Jess had a sister on New Girl:
11. And Donna’s two sisters on That ’70s Show:
12. Basically everything that had to do with Ravenswood on Pretty Little Liars, but especially Tippi the bird and Mrs. Grunwald.
13. When Alex went to therapy in Modern Family:
14. When Miley revealed that she was Hannah in The Hannah Montana Movie:
15. Just the existence of Lindsay on The O.C.:
16. When Bennett left Daya and their baby, and never came back on Orange Is the New Black:
17. When Peyton dated Pete Wentz on One Tree Hill:
18. When Villanelle killed Bill on Killing Eve:
19. Just the existence of Leslie’s mom on Parks and Recreation:
20. When Midge was murdered during a school play BY BETTY’S FATHER in Riverdale and it wasn’t brought up again:
21. And finally, when Angel had a whole storyline about how Cordelia was the only one who could beat Jasmine, then they put her in a coma and never talked about her again:
What completely dropped plots and characters always frustrated you? Let us know in the comments!
TV and Movies
Get all the best moments in pop culture & entertainment delivered to your inbox.